Moving to Northern Colorado?
Posted: January, 25, 2021 | Categories: Colorado
Here are 10 reasons why you will love living here
Northern Colorado is a term that is often used by local Coloradoans to describe the Northern Front Range towns that are north of Denver and east of the Rocky Mountains. If you are making the move to Northern Colorado, we know you are going to love it! Here are the top 10 reasons why:
- Location. Our Tralon communities are generally in smaller towns and provide easy access to larger cities like Fort Collins and Denver.
- Affordable Housing. Housing demand in Northern Colorado continues to grow due to the quality of life that many desire. We offer gorgeous new affordable homes for you to choose from in Windsor, Timnath, Severance, Loveland and Fort Collins.
- Stunning Views. The views in Northern Colorado are something to experience. You have the mountain views to the west and high plains views to the east. The sunsets are incredible and picture perfect! We also have beautiful trails, lakes, and streams in the surrounding foothills and mountains.
- Amazing Weather. Did you know most people think that it snows all the time in Colorado? It is our little secret that winters are mild with an average daily high temperature of 45 degrees and even some 60 degree days are sprinkled in there. We receive nearly 300 days of sunshine, which makes Colorado one of the sunniest places in America. The snow doesn’t stay on the ground long in Colorado so golf courses and outdoor cafes are able to stay open all year.
- Healthy Lifestyle. A recent study showed that Colorado is the second fittest state in America. Many cities in our area host Farmer’s Markets throughout the week with locally grown produce and goods.
- Outdoor Recreation. Northern Colorado has plenty of options for things to do, regardless of the weather.
- Rock climbing
- Stand Up Paddle boarding
- Ice Skating
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Ice Fishing
- Cross-country skiing
- Winter is Fun! There are 28 ski resorts in Colorado. They are working hard to ensure social distancing is taken into consideration this winter. Here are a few nearby resorts:
- Echo Mountain
- Loveland Ski Area
- Winter Park
- Eldora Mountain
- Arapahoe Basin
Kids can ski for FREE through Epic School Kids Colorado Pack. The program provides kindergarten through 5th graders four days of skiing and riding at each of the state’s top-ranked resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Crested Butte. The program also includes one FREE first-timer ski or ride lesson with equipment rental. Sign up now (limited time offer)
- Estes Park. A charming town that has everything from restaurants to elk roaming the city. The beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park can be a day trip from the area, but you do need reservations to visit the park.
- Shopping. Located in Johnstown is Scheels. Scheels has over 250,000 square feet of retail space with more than 80 specialty shops, which includes apparel, shoes and gear for sports and also outdoor recreation. You can shop inside or curbside pickup.
- Fort Collins. A fun college town (Colorado State University) with lots of shopping, food trucks and the Horsetooth Reservoir. The reservoir runs north-south for approximately 6.5 miles, so there is plenty of space for camping and boating. Be sure to check out the Top 11 Food Trucks in Fort Collins.
Do you want to make Northern Colorado home? Check out Tralon Northern Colorado Home Neighborhoods or call 970.344.8668 to speak with a sales associate today.
By Tralon Homes